Jodie Persovic - Principal. Dietitian | Naturopath
Dietitian (APD), Nutritionist (AN) - BHSc (Nutr & Diet)
Naturopath, Western Herbalist - AdvDip (Nat & HM)
Jodie is a Qualified Dietitian, Naturopath, Herbalist and Nutritionist. With extensive training in nutrition and complimentary medicine, she has been involved in the health industry for over 20 years.
She combines a range of therapies, including dietary assessment, food as medicine, herbal medicine and lifestyle adaptions, focusing on the health, vitality and healing potential of her clients. She also uses Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (BIA): a scientifically validated test providing detailed information on body composition (body fat, muscle and fluid) and cellular health.
The nutrition space has been polarised for some time on the best diet - paleo vs vegan. Making it even more confusing of late are the numerous other dietary approaches which claim to be the answer.
Jodie integrates the latest research in nutrition science with the real world of her clients. In her treatment plans she considers intermittent fasting (from 16 hours to longer cycles), nutritional ketosis and other factors to increase cellular renewal and reverse disease. In Jodie's experience it is our unique bodies and our food preferences that determine what diet will work best for us.
With a compassionate ear and professional advice she has assisted hundreds of clients on their path to recovery and wellness using this approach. Her experience includes:
- Weight Loss - Improving body composition (fat loss)
- Thyroid Disorders - Hypothyroid, Subclinical hypothyroid
- Insulin Resistance - Diabetes, Metabolic syndrome, Sugar cravings
- Chronic Health Conditions - Chronic Fatigue, Fibromyalgia, Adrenal Health
- Food Intolerance - MCAS, Skin problems, Migraines, Aches and pains, Acne
- Gut Health - Irritable Bowel Syndrome, SIBO, SIFO, Coeliac Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease - Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis
- Therapeutic Diets - Ketogenic and Low Carbohydrate Diets, Food Intolerance
- Hormonal Issues - PCOS, Heavy or Painful Periods, Menopause, PMS, Fertility, Acne
- Immune Support - Autoimmune conditions, Restoring the microbiome, Viral/bacterial illness
- Urological Conditions - Urinary tract infections (UTI's), Nephritis
- Stealth Pathogens - e.g. Epstein-Barr Virus, Autoimmune conditions
Testing can fill the missing pieces of the jigsaw puzzle and enhance your treatment protocol, therefore speed recovery. Jodie can interpret your medical tests. She also works in collaboration with medical doctors and can recommend further testing where needed. If you are not under the care of a GP she can organise testing directly for you.
Complete Wellness Programs
Jodie also creates tailored programs through the NuMe Natural wellness package. With this program clients have access to tools like: weekly menu's, recipe planners, shopping guides and coaching emails. Jodie also posts delicious, healthy recipes and writes a monthly newsletter. The recipes include options for low carb, gluten free, dairy free, low FODMAP, vegetarian and nut allergies.