Blog

Mental health disorders are a part of life for many of us and yet so few of us want to talk about it. Whilst serious mental health issues are rare, most people will experience feelings of depression or other symptoms from time to time. There are many triggers such as stress, poor health, trauma, or simply changes in life circumstances.  

Insomnia (difficulty falling or staying asleep) can affect anyone at any age and aside from making life unpleasant also carries significant health risks.  Research shows that those who get less than seven hours of sleep (for just one night or many) will likely experience irritability, fatigue or poor memory.  If you or someone you know is having

Calorie Loss Through Cellar Fitness: You might have seen tables showing how much exercise to burn off so many calories.  For example: twenty minutes of walking to burn off an apple.  This can be depressing, especially for anyone with injuries or health conditions that mak

It has been popular around the world since the dawn of agriculture, versatile and yummy, bread is a tempting food, but for many of us it can trigger a range of health issues. The most common problems I hear are: bloating, cramps, constipation or generally feeling flat.

No matter how old we are now, we are all aging - but not at the same rate. Our genes contribute to only about 25% of the aging rate. Diet, lifestyle and environmental factors account for the remaining 75%; due to their influence on these three body conditions:

High in flavonoids, blueberries are well established as a health booster.  The anthocyanin content helps to give its distinctive colour.  Bilberries are a close relative of the blueberry, but they are not as well known.

PreMenstrual Syndrome (PMS) affects around 75% of women with a range of symptoms including: mood swings, depression, acne, fatigue, weight gain and cravings. Many also suffer from period pain leading to significant time off school or work, putting many women at a disadvantage to their peers.

How to get your Vitamin D when Winter is Coming: As the winter months approach and the days get shorter, there is less opportunity to get sunshine.  Exposure to sunlight is the best way to keep Vitamin D levels up (although it can be found in some foods such egg yolks, liver and fatty fish).

How much carbohydrate should we eat?  Most of the experts tend to agree that too much is not good but there is still discussion about what the right amount is exactly.

Symptoms such as bloating, indigestion, constipation, and reflux can cause a lot of discomfort. If left untreated for long periods they can even make other health problems worse. I've seen many cases of significant improvement with natural remedies that are very cost effective.